In this episode, Nick and Danielle along with guest Melissa Agar discuss a new type of Theatre from Japan that incorporates an android actor. They talk about the uniqueness and power of live Theatre has on our students,actors, technicians and the audience. Nick shares some uses of Aurasma app for Android and IOS device to create Augmented Reality videos that will appear on mobile devices.
Hosts: Nick Cusumano and Danielle Filas
Guest: Melissa Agar
Segment 1: Android Actors
- Video from Japan- Robots on stage with live actors
- Redmoon Theatre- The Cabinet
- Available Light Theatre- Skyscrapers of the Midwest
Segment 2: Why Theatre is special? What skills we give our students.
- Ken Robinson- Creativity Video for Adobe- It describe all the things we already do with our students. We are ahead of the curve.
- Higher Order Cognitive thinking- the antithesis to standardized testing!
- Project Based Learning? Duh! That’s theatre!
Segment 3: Aurasma App for phones and tablets
- Using as teaching tool. Have seniors create a video to help freshman learn the parts of a Theatre or use it introduce characters and plot